Imagine you want to buy a rug for your home. You want to make sure it will not only fit but also look great. Our technology lets you see a rug in your own space before you buy it. Don’t believe us? Try it for yourself!
At Leap Tools, we are building the world's most advanced solutions for the interior décor industry. With customers in 80+ countries, our clientele includes Fortune 500 companies such as Home Depot, local retailers such as Alexanian's, and everything in between. We have been recognized as one of the fastest growing tech companies by Deloitte for multiple years in a row, and we are looking for ambitious challenge-seekers to fuel our momentum and help us create an iconic global tech company.
As a key member of our Finance team, the Controller will oversee financial reporting and partner with departments throughout the organization to drive growth and achieve our long-term goals. Reporting to the CEO, you will play a crucial role in overseeing the financial operations and strategies of the company, ensuring accuracy, compliance, and efficient financial management to support its growth and success.
What You'll Do
- Oversee the day-to-day financial operations, including accounts payable/receivable, general ledger, and expense management.
- Monitor cash flow, manage banking relationships, and optimize working capital to support the company's growth objectives.
- Prepare and analyze financial statements, including income statements, balance sheets, and cash flow statements, providing insights and recommendations to founders.
- Enable our international growth opportunities, including supporting the formation, control, and consolidation of legal entities in multiple global jurisdictions.
- Coordinate annual reviews, serving as the main point of contact for external accountants and overseeing the preparation of required documentation.
- Lead the annual budgeting process, working closely with department heads to develop and maintain accurate, realistic, and useful financial plans amidst rapid growth.
- Develop and implement financial policies, procedures, and internal controls to ensure compliance with regulatory and tax requirements, as well as industry best practices.
- Review, implement, and maintain the finance systems necessary to ensure that our needs continue to be met as the company grows, championing change where appropriate. Seek opportunities for additional systematization and automation of processes to reduce errors and increase our capacity to scale, working with internal/external partners as needed.
- Manage and mentor a small team of finance professionals, providing guidance, support, and fostering a culture of collaboration and growth.
We’re looking for someone with
- Detail-oriented mindset, with a focus on accuracy, quality, and timeliness.
- In-depth knowledge of financial management principles, accounting standards, and global tax and regulatory requirements (CA/CPA preferred).
- Proven experience as a Controller or similar financial leadership role, preferably in a start-up/scale-up tech company.
- Experience with maintaining, managing, and ensuring tax and regulatory compliance for multiple legal entities in various global jurisdictions preferred.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to interpret complex financial data and provide actionable recommendations.
- Hands-on approach, with direct experience configuring and integrating advanced ERP software into processes and automated workflows.
About our culture
- We work in tight-knit teams to maximize speed and cultivate an ownership mentality.
- We cherish curiosity and an obsession for details because we know these details are invaluable over the long run.
- We promote an environment where ideas are challenged. The best ideas win!
- We're hyper-focused on our achievements and our ability to execute our promises. We act with urgency.
- It's not always about us. We give back to our community to ensure it can grow.
- We love to compete and have fun. Our game nights are legendary.
Our remote-first approach
We're a remote-first company that encourages our employees to work from where they're most productive. For most, this means working from the comfort of their home, but for those who prefer to work from our office, we're located in downtown Toronto at Bay and Bloor, with convenient access to both subway lines. To foster collaboration, we implemented a number of ways to stay connected, including quick weekly company-wide check-ins, remote coffee breaks, and ad hoc knowledge-sharing sessions.
About our hiring process
Now: You upload your resume and complete a brief questionnaire.
Week 1: We arrange a video call with you to assess your abilities.
Week 2 or 3: You attend the second video interview soon after.
Week 3 or 4: You meet one of the founders.
Week 4 or 5: You receive an offer.
Our demo, in case you missed it: https://www.roomvo.com/rugdemo4r