You are passionate about building long-lasting relationships and are curious about what makes people tick. You are a great listener. You have attention to detail both with people and process. You hypothesize, test, and validate on a regular basis. You bring a fresh perspective to the (virtual) table. You want to work for a company that helps people grow both professionally and personally.
At Leap Tools, we are building the world's most advanced solutions for the interior décor industry. With customers in 80+ countries, our clientele includes Fortune 500 companies such as Home Depot, local retailers such as Alexanian's, and everything in between. We have been recognized as one of the fastest growing tech companies by Deloitte for multiple years in a row, and we are looking for ambitious challenge-seekers to fuel our momentum and help us create an iconic global tech company.
What You'll Do
- Oversee all operational and administrative activities related to HR
- Own employee onboarding, offboarding, and performance management processes
- Administer and maximize our HRIS system (HiBob)
- Continuously improve our employee experience (employee wellness, total rewards package)
- Identify metrics and insights to continuously improve our processes
- Develop People policies and procedures in compliance with multijurisdictional employment legislation
- Support the Founders by managing employment and independent contractor agreements along with the confidential administration of employment verification letters, promotions, and salary increases upon request
- Provide HR advice and employment law guidance across all Canadian jurisdictions to all managers
- First point of contact for employee relations, complaint resolution, and workplace investigations
- Oversees and creates internal communications
- Work directly with our executive team to develop and deliver a world-class People & Culture experience for our employees, shifting towards a business partnership service model
- Manage employee benefits and perks in partnership with the Finance team
- Lead and enhance recruitment processes while supporting the recruiting team, as needed
- Lead workforce and succession planning, career development and management coaching
- Manage our office alongside our People & Culture Coordinators
- Support our event planning committee, creating collaborative and inspiring virtual and in-person events for our employees to build connections and foster our culture
Examples for Key Projects for 2023: ATS recruitment upgrade, career path development, employee performance coaching, compensation program creation, HRIS optimization and workflows (HiBob)
- Experience in multi-jurisdictional HR Management role directly supervising a remote HR team
- Experience with human resource information software (HRIS) and data analysis skills including HR scorecards and recruitment stats
- Experience with recruitment process design, screening and selection for variety of positions
- Experience in developing career path programs and 1:1 performance coaching
- Comfort with ambiguity and last minute requests and changes
- Execution-driven, process-oriented thinking with a track record of iterative approaches to improvement
- Exceptional attention to detail, active listening and problem-solving skills
- Open-minded and willing to take on new tasks
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with an inclusive mindset
- Excellent presentation and stakeholder communication skills
About our culture
- We work in tight-knit teams to maximize speed and cultivate an ownership mentality.
- We cherish curiosity and an obsession for details because we know these details are invaluable over the long run.
- We promote an environment where ideas are challenged. The best ideas win!
- We're hyperfocused on our achievements and our ability to execute on our promises. We act with urgency.
- It's not always about us. We give back to our community to ensure it can grow.
- We love to compete and have fun. Our game nights are legendary.
About our products
Our technology lets you see products in your own room before you buy.
Imagine you want to redesign your home and have been searching for new tiles for your kitchen, or a new rug for your living room. You definitely want to make sure it will look good in your space. We enable that through cutting-edge computer vision technology, presented in an extraordinarily simple and accessible way. Try our rug demo now! Simply upload a picture of your room using your mobile phone, and slide the rug under your coffee table: https://www.roomvo.com/rugdemo4r
About our results
Our customers see a 5x increase in e-commerce conversion rates and a dramatic decrease in the time it takes for their customers to make a purchase decision. We are also reducing the world’s carbon footprint by eliminating trips to the store and avoiding product returns, while also saving marriages -- now you can be sure you’re buying the right product for your home.
About our office and remote work
We're a remote-first company that encourages our employees to work from where they're most productive. For most, this means working from the comfort of their home, but for those who prefer to work from our office, we're located in downtown Toronto at Bay and Bloor, with convenient access to both subway lines. To foster collaboration, we implemented a number of ways to stay connected, including quick weekly company-wide check-ins, remote coffee breaks, and ad hoc knowledge-sharing sessions.
About our hiring process
Now: You upload your resume and complete a brief questionnaire.
Week 1: We arrange a video call with you to assess your abilities.
Week 2 or 3: You attend the second video interview soon after.
Week 3 or 4: You meet one of the founders.
Week 4 or 5: You receive an offer.
Take the Leap. Apply now.
Our demo, in case you missed it: https://www.roomvo.com/rugdemo4r